Re: [OM] IMGs: Spring Desert Garden Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Spring Desert Garden Flowers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:03:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>About what stops do you use?  I find myself wishing for a bit more DOF in a
>couple of those (though the backgrounds are nicely blurry).

     I was using f/5.6 to get the speed up as it was quite breezy out.  That
reduced the DOF to just bearable.  I could have used a telephoto at a distance
at an even larger aperture, but I did not want to turn this into a major
project.

     BTW:  I retired the Koday KD7590 as I could no longer justify using a
camera where I had no manual control of the focusing.  I pulled out the E-510
that I had bought last year, which still needs to have the back of the body
removed so I can repair the micro connector.  Since I don't have a spare OM-4/3
adapted for MF lenses, I dragged the 14.5-45 lens that came with the E-500 kit.
 Charged up the battery, found a 52mm UV and LP filter, then went through the
manual to get a grip on the unfamiliar functions.  To my surprise, this camera
and lens fit into the small Lowepro TLZ Mini belt holster that I was using with
the Kodak.  I'll soon take it out on my daily cycling trip and I'll havev some
photos tomorrow.

     I have ordered another OM-4/3 adapter, and I will first try this kit out
with a Quantaray 28-80/3.5-4.5 3-touch MF lens.  It has the 62mm filter ring
that I much prefer and it has a nice feel to it.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson