Re: [OM] OT tablet question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT tablet question
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 14:55:19 -0400
The iPad. Tablets made by retailers like Amazon and Barnes and Noble are
made to make it impossible/hard to get books, movies, etc. from any other
source. They are not very good tablets, either. They're made t sell you
things, not to work for you. The amazing thing is people are dumb enough
to pay hundreds of dollars for a sales interface for some business.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab, as does my son. I have the free Kindle app on
it that lets me buy stuff from Amazon. I also have Barnes and Noble's Nook
app, and the tablet can use any android software. Far more useful than
Amazon's device.

As for the iPad vs. our Samsungs, the apple's have better screens and the
Samsungs allow you to put a micro SD card in to expand the storage without
paying for the very overpriced large storage version of the tablet. I use
mine to show my portfolio and the screen in it is very good for that.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook