Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Sunset over the lake

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Sunset over the lake
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 08:31:30 -0500
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The smoke/steam looks great, but maybe not appreciated by the local
> > residents.
>
> It's above the boundary layer. Non-issue, most of the time.
>
> It's other industry, including steel mills, in the area that cause the
> air to stink. The power plant isn't much of a problem as it sends its
> pollutants east where it falls out as acid rain on New York and
> Pennsylvania.

I've never heard any complaints.  I've certainly never noticed a smell.
Power plants usually have pretty intense scrubbers in the exhaust stacks,
plus, as Ken pointed out, it leaves into the atmosphere pretty high up.
Most of the time it drifts out over the lake (the plant is right on the
shore of Lake Michigan.)

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie