Re: [OM] Won't get fooled again

Subject: Re: [OM] Won't get fooled again
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 08:48:56 -0500
> Both!  The OM-G was a decent improvement on the OM-10 in all respects, but
> if you had any sort of OM-2x, you'd never pick the OM-G up.  I managed to
> get one somewhere in my eBay foibles because of something attached to it, I
> think.  Ag will skewer me, but I don't think I've ever put a roll through
> it, though I do believe I replaced the seals on it!  But that was because
> it was a gooey mess.

Nope. No skewering for that. I'd skewer you for the abandoned OM-4T, though. :)

The only non-single-digit OM that ever interested me was the OM-40.
But not ever enough to do anything about it. My number one love
remains the OM-2S. I've put that old girl pretty much into retirement,
though. It's plumb tuckered out.

After this weekend, the OM backpack gets fully restocked and ready for
the season. Two bodies and lenses from 24mm to 300mm. This is in
addition to my tiny OM go-kit of an OM body with two lenses. It's nice
having enough stuff for two (or three or four) kits. However, looking
back, there was a certain perverse joy in having just barely enough
gear for one kit. It eliminated all the choosing.

Side note...

To reduce vibration-induced blurring, I'm now using the MD2 for all of
my high-quality tripod-mounted work. Besides, it helps with the tripod
quick-release plates. Yes, it does make a big difference.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx