Re: [OM] use of photo

Subject: Re: [OM] use of photo
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:30:54 -0700
Well, it did say this:

"The photo was taken by Charles Dharapak of The Associated Press and the
company purchased the right to use it from AP Images, the newsgathering
organization's commercial photo arm. The AP agreement with Weatherproof
required the company to seek any necessary clearances, said Paul
Colford, a spokesman for The AP.

But Weatherproof did not seek permission from the White House, and
Stollmack said he did not believe it was necessary to do so since the
billboard does not say Obama endorses the product."

And you can bet that no one pays the money to put up a billboard sign
that is not expected to bring in revenue.
It did say that he used a magnifying glass to see the logo. LOL

Paul in Portland OR