Re: [OM] At the Museums

Subject: Re: [OM] At the Museums
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 14:02:52 +0000 (UTC)
Enjoyed all.............

----- Original Message -----From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera
Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 04:38:27 -0000
(UTC)Subject: [OM] At the Museums

While Carol's sisters were visiting, we had a couple of rainy days. This was
fine, as (a) we really need rain and (b) they both love museums.

When in a part of a museum where photography is allowed, I tend to photograph
everything I like, hate, find interesting, think I should do one of the
preceding about, and so on. So I ran through over 400 shots.

I like being able to go back over a visit later. Although I seldom know or
capture the details about the art, it's the images I like.

I relatively seldom take pics of the people in museums, but one presented
itself so obviously that I couldn't resist, which led to ...

I don't recall ever before seeing a woman primping in a work of art.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12132>

The art is an antique mirror frame, but they have a nice, beveled glass mirror
in it. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12134>

This has to be my favorite shot. All the elements were there and the living
parts didn't move while I took a couple of shots.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12129>

I showed the shot to the people. They didn't get the Meta aspect. Oh well.
There's so much going on in it, yet it all seems to fit in the frame
harmoniously.

This museum is a giant "U" shape upstairs, so the galleries in those wings are
shotgun style. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12136>

A Se&ntilde;orita. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12136>

The effect of progressive lenses on photographer posture. :-)
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12140>

The mirror also provided an opportunity I had not thought of when I first
viewed it for a selfie. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12142>

Arty Moose

-- What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what it's all about?--