[OM] [OT] Scotland Itinerary

Subject: [OM] [OT] Scotland Itinerary
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 16:18:52 +0100
Mike Lazzari [1]<watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said
snip
My wife has been wanting to go to Scotland for years and she is our Tour
Director and has booked all the necessary stuff.

  Fly into Glasgow Thurs and head directly by train from airport to
Edinburgh for a few days then:

Birnam
Cairngorms/Grampians ??
Orkney
Lairg/Cape Wrath ??
Ullapool
Lewis/Harris
Skye
Applecross Penn
Glencoe
Trossachs  ??

Main focus is walking and outdoors. We are looking for suggestions
especially where noted by ??
Don't know how this fits with the list local(s)? Any reside in above
areas? Will be checking email when possible.

It is many years since I have been walking in Scotland but at this time of year
I would expect you to need good weatherproof clothing if you do not wish activit
ies to be curtailed by wind and rain (and including snow in the north).   Ardnam
urchan peninsular is of particular interest to geologists but can be bleak at an
y time of year, while I was always impressed by the Commando Memorial near Fort
William.

Brian Gray