Re: [OM] iMessage Settings [was OT tablet question]

Subject: Re: [OM] iMessage Settings [was OT tablet question]
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:49:51 -0500
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > "One trick might be to try to expunge FB from everything except the FB
> app,
> > and maybe even that, too."
> > This isn't a trick- it's an absolute necessity.
> > And you should never have allowed FB into your phone/contacts/... !
>
> AGreed!
>
> I am getting increasingly tired of FB asking me to sync with my
> phone/contacts every time I boot my phone. I'm afraid it's just going
> to go ahead and do it without my permission one of these days.
>
> If it wasn't for the posting convenience, I'd only use FB through the
> browser.

There are a lot of parts of FB that I don't participate in.  Every time
someone asks me to go vote for them in some contest, as soon as I click and
it turns out to be an app that wants access to my personal info and friends
list, I immediately click off, go back, say, "Sorry.  I know you're a
friend, and I wish I could help, but I'm not willing to give that up and
let some app post "on my behalf".  I'll do my own posting on my behalf,
thank you."

That's the thing about FB that irritates me the most.  That, and people who
post things taunting me to re-post, saying either "I already know who will
re-post and who won't" (well then, why waste my time?) or "99% of people
won't have the guts to re-post this".  Show me your research.  I want to
see the study that says 99% of all people won't have the guts to re-post
your thing.

It's like that quote from "Anchorman."  "They've done studies, you know. 60
percent of the time, it works every time."  Anybody can pull numbers out of
their butts.

And telling me I don't have the "guts" to do something is the quickest way
to get me to ignore you.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie