Re: [OM] Copyright explained by the UK Intellectual Property Office

Subject: Re: [OM] Copyright explained by the UK Intellectual Property Office
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:22:16 -0400
IBM fought for many years against software being patentable.  But
eventually they realized they were on the losing side of the battle.  At
that point it was deemed necessary to patent as much as we could before
our own developments were patented by someone else.  I was put in charge
of a small task force then to try and generate as many software patents
as we could from within the OS/2 development group.  We did generate
lots of patents in a relatively short time including one of my own.  But
I still don't think software should be patentable.

Chuck Norcutt