Re: [OM] Ansel Adams book

Subject: Re: [OM] Ansel Adams book
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 19:49:43 -0700
On 4/10/2014 5:08 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have just scored, for a very modest cost, an absolutely pristine
> copy of Ansel Adams' " The Portfolios of Ansel Adams", Introduction by
> John Szarkowski.
>
> 9th printing, 1989. ISBN 0-8212-1122-6
>
> 90 prints.
> Beautifully printed on wonderful paper. I'm tempted to make a slip-case
> for it.

Congratulations! That second edition, 1981, has very nice reproductions.

Should you feel the need for further books of his images, especially if you
can't see them in person beforehand, stick
with those published by Little, Brown & Co. There are quite a few books out
there from other publishers with mediocre to
poor reproductions of the images.

I've yet to see a bad one from Little, Brown, including the revelatory 'Ansel
Adams in Color'.

Big Brown Moose