Re: [OM] IMG: Alms Bowls

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Alms Bowls
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:53:34 -0700
On 4/11/2014 5:54 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> OK.  How did you do that?  That is exactly what I spent all afternoon
> trying to do.  In LR and PS.  Details, please!

Your wish ... <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/Alms_Bowls.htm>

2. Mask, shows the single mask I used, both this way and later, inverted. This
is a low number for me.

3. Strong LCE on the layer with the mask. USM 40,50,0

4. Curves. I don't record details.

5. Graduated mask. Copy of the Background layer, create mask, use Graduate Tool
on lower 1/3 or so of mask. That way the
LCE and Curves effect tails off as it goes down. More natural looking, I think.

6. Another copy of the Background layer, Brightness -35, with a mask the
reverse of the first layers.

7. Curves on #6

8. Both layers together, with a bit of mask edges touch-up with low flow Brush
Tool on mask(s).

When I was doing it, I could see the effects of the first layers when doing the
next ones. I separated them here for
clarity.

This was actually a pretty simple job. Working from an original, for display,
I'd probably treat the bright stuff at the
bottom differently and mask it more carefully. Greenery and sky might also get
different treatment than the temple.

But it's pretty nice.

D. D. Moose