[OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time

Subject: [OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 10:44:37 +0200
I have never owned a Sony camera, and now I know for sure that  I never will.

We just bought a 65-inch Sony Bravia TV, one of the latest models, not cheap to
put it mildly. Great picture, but we have struggling for 2 days with the simple
task (or should be simple) to connect a garden variety laptop to the TV using
its wifi interface so that the TV in effect acts as a computer monitor, but
without the clutter of HDMI cables and all that. The menus and instructions for
Sony products were apparently originally written in Klingon, then translated
into Japanese and then to English. And it appears that unless your computer is
a Sony Vaio, you have to perform various unnatural acts. Everything Sony seems
to be proprietary.

I think the TV is going back to the store (fortunately, we bought locally), to
be replace by a Samsung or LG.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman