Re: [OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 21:37:38 -0500
the Betamax was so proprietary that almost all the machines were made by
Sony. The VHS I  think was developed by JVC, but whoever did licensed it to
nearly anyone. What broke the camels back was that the porn industry
committed completely to VHS, and that's what go it off the ground and took
it to first place. Look at history and you will see that most all great
innovations were early adopted by pornographers. More recent? The internet
of course.