Re: [OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 05:49:52 -0400
That's correct.  Sony only licensed Betamax to a couple of mfgs.  JVC licensed
to anyone with a checkbook.  That created a much larger potential market, and,
as you said, when the porn industry decided to switch from film to videotape,
that much larger market drove the decision to go VHS, and the Beta market dried
up and died.

It irked me, because I had gone Beta (Beta Hi-Fi as a matter of fact) because
of the far superior image and sound. Actually, the last stronghold for Beta was
the video production/news industry who used Beta's professional brother,
Betacam, because of the superiority of the technology.  I'm fact, there may
still be some smaller studios still using it.

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach