Re: [OM] IMGS: Drying Rice

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Drying Rice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:11:38 -0700
On 4/17/2014 7:08 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Absorption method - that's what a 'steamer' does with less trouble - the
> Chinese don't use much else these days. 2.5:1 is a bit high but!

No kidding that's high! I've used 1.25:1, decreasing for more than one cup of
rice, for white rice for decades. Must be
for brown?

My ancient one has an aluminum pot with a perforated aluminum plate that sits
in the bottom. A real pain to clean, so I
decided to treat Carol* to a non-stick one.

Have you seen what rice cookers go for these days? Holy Moley! Then I realized
they are all computerized and cook more
rice than we ever need. I finally found a cheap, simple one. It does add keep
warm after cooking, which may someday be
of use. Best of all, the rice comes out the same as before, but it's easy to
clean.

Simple Pleasures Moose

* I cook, she cleans, as fits our preferences.