Re: [OM] IMG: Mosquito

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mosquito
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:21:09 -0400
PI is Pro-Imaging - the best organization that fights for photographers'
rights.  It costs 1/10 as much for a membership as ASMP and does 10 times
as much fighting for copyright and the Rights On requirements for photo
contests so photographers don't give up all rights to enter contests.
http://www.pro-imaging.org/

Tina

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> What's a PI group?
>
> You got me rather hungry with this conversation so I nipped over to the
> local for a basic lunch - no, not Pho, even more traditional - Broken Rice.
> http://www.pbase.com/image/155296588
> With a marinated, grilled pork chop (really, really good), 'bii' (shredded
> pork, pork fat and gelatine), a fried cake of 'I'mnotsure', the compulsory
> fried egg and some fish sauce for dipping. Plus a bit of soup on the side,
> tea, a Durian Smoothie and the crossword. I cannot think of a better
> weekday lunch. Total cost, AU$17 (about US$15.50). Total wait time - 3 mins
> - a bit more for the drink and soup. This place is a basic and large tile
> floor and formica table cafe but at night later in the week, you have to
> book and/or share a table - and there are two more almost as good within
> 100m.
> Who would ever bother with Macdonalds…I mean, EVER?!
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.soultheft.com
>
> Author/Publisher:
> The SLR Compendium:
> revised edition -
> http://blur.by/19Hb8or
> The TLR Compendium
> http://blur.by/1eDpqN7
>

> On 18/04/2014, at 7:32 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
> > It is a wonderful, very cheap place to vacation.  You can eat a fantastic
> > meal, including beer, for $3!  Our 10 day trip with the PI group - all
> > expenses included - was $800 each.  Cheaper than staying home!!
>
> --

Tina Manley