Re: [OM] OT: Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 07:02:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>Looking at the 1000mb plot, it looks there is a thin cold air mass
>>sliding in under this upper level low:
>
>Updated plots. Everything slid north for Monday. It looks like it
>could get really wild and wooly in SW Iowa on Monday. This will bounce
>around a bit over the next few days as the models tighten up, but
>we're certainly looking at the likelihood of springtime excitement. If
>I was a storm-chaser, I'd have next Monday inked in on my scheduler.
>Not penciled, but inked.
>
>The KCI-OMA-DSM Triangle is currently ground zero.

     This mornings' GFS plots have that nor'easter moved to the east a bit, so
it's not as much a threat as depicted over the weekend.  The pressure gradient
along the eastern to southeastern edge of the low just east of the Rockies has
tightened up some for Sunday to Monday.  And now that low is forecast to pull
the jet stream southward and produce a major regional storm east of the
Mississippi starting Tuesday.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson