Re: [OM] Bad behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] Bad behaviour
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:35:11 +1000
I used the JJC hood for the 9-18mm and 12-60mm (same hood). I cannot understand
why Olympus doesn't just throw that one in - it's a $2 plastic casting dammit!
With the 20/1.7 I bought the nifty dome cap from japan exposures - not cheap
but very pancake. It works fine on the 14mm as well, no vignetting - I checked
tho' I don't own that one. However it is now on the 25mm PannyLeica and works
well there as well, with a 37mm Oly lens cap closing the hole.
I like dome hoods. Cosina Voigtlander made a one for an early lens, about ten
years ago. My first was a homebrew made out of the large front inner ring of a
busted Tamron 90mm f/2.5 Macro, reversed and screwed into the front of a
52-55mm step-up ring and then used on a Canon 50mm f/1.8 on reduced sensor
(that lens has a clumsy genuine hood and adapter set up). It didn't vignette on
the 1.6x sensor, even with a UV filter behind it.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com

Author/Publisher: