Re: [OM] Just for a moment . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] Just for a moment . . .
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:54:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     <<SNIP>>

>Of course, it took about five seconds of riding with him before we
>realized that we were had. I could cruise along at 25-27 mph on a good
>day, but that was warm-up pace for him.

     I've never done any competition, nor do I care to.  I've been around bikes
since the late 50's, and I enjoy the better health that results from riding
15-20 miles daily.  Most of my bikes are the touring variety, though I do have
a few that are fitted for speed.

     I don't wear anything fancy, don't even have a helmet.  But, my bikes are
in good shape, cleaned and polished for the most part, even the Assault
Schwinn.  With all the time and energy (and money) that I spend restoring these
old bikes, I want them to have a good appearance.  That and the grease under my
fingernails show pride in ownership.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson