Re: [OM] Just for a moment . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] Just for a moment . . .
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:10:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>   Speaking of which, on Wednesday I picked up a 1977 Puch 100-year Marco
>> Polo bike at a thrift store for
>>just $25:
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/13959494566/
>>
>>     Cleaned it up and replaced the inner tubes yesterday (broken Presta
>> valves), and later this morning
>>it goes out for a shake-down cruise.  One of these sold last week on eBay for
>>$475.
>

>Lovely!

     Just got back from the maiden ride.  It lived up to my expectations, a
nice, light, fast riding bike, so much so that I found myself subconciously
reaching for barcons instead of the downtube shifters.  So, my spare set of
barcons goes into a kit box along with some dressier brake levers and two rolls
of black cotton handlebar tape.  I'm going to do all of the control tubing in
red as it makes a nice accent.

     With the overall colour and country of origin, I've nicknamed it
"Ostrich", as the German name for Austria is Österreich.

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac