[OM] 250/2 on *bay....now veiling flare

Subject: [OM] 250/2 on *bay....now veiling flare
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 19:51:17 -0400 (EDT)
not so well on the OM-D (or XP-1) where it has internal reflection
issues but great on the E1 E3 and canyon 5D2, I am guessing it has
something to do with live view sensors.

I always wondered why OMZ lenses behave better with little veiling flare on FF--perhaps you recall this link, posted a few years back.

http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/omz_ep1.html

I am a bit surprised it didn't behave well on the OM-D given the FL. WA's were the worst as I recall and large curved rear elements are a substantial contributing factor. Flat-ish non coated rear elements can lead to hot spots though like the Tammy 90 macro on any digital. Veiling flare was certainly seen even with film but less of an issue. Perhaps the MFT sensors are indeed more reflective or the adapters
should have baffles. I bet some listees have a theory.

Curious Mike