Re: [OM] DD1 stylin and smiln

Subject: Re: [OM] DD1 stylin and smiln
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 00:13:30 +0800
I think you must have tried Panasonic supplied Silkpix, it is able to recover some highlights. Don't know if you are happy with the color though.

For the image "live-view", it has high saturation with a bit soft tone (don't know if it is the right word). I like it very much, is it straight from Picasa?

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Excellent portrait, I like the tone and effects. Picasa seems did a very
good job in converting the RAW.

Thank you. I find that Picasa does a better job at raw conversion of
the DMC-L1 files than most any converter. For some odd reason the
images come out plastic from most. Adobe only recently fixed the
artifact problem with DMC-L1 files so nobody could use ACR/Lightroom.
Almost all third-party converters either trash the highlights (worms)
or put a grid of black dots over the image.