Re: [OM] Backlit Tulips

Subject: Re: [OM] Backlit Tulips
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:59:52 -0500
> Pretty.  But really shallow DoF?  Looks like the tulip in front is soft and
> it's not that far from the one behind it.

42mm at F5.6.

I took two pictures. This one I had focused on the second flower, the
other photo I had it focused on the first one. I suppose that the
other one could be a little better in that it doesn't have anything
OOF closer in. But either one was sufficient for the purpose. In small
viewing this one looks better, but large viewing, the other probably
does.

Side note: The facebeak version was straight out of camera, Eye-Fi
transferred to my cellphone and uploaded within two minutes of when I
took the picture. The zone-10 version was from the raw file where I
managed to keep the reds from clipping and going nooclear. I was
trying to avoid the wrathage of Moose.

This brings up the age-old argument about OOF items closer than the focal plane.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx