Re: [OM] Garth's portrait of Karen

Subject: Re: [OM] Garth's portrait of Karen
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 03:12:44 +1200

Nathan responded to my posting:

Errrr...what's the point of using
this list to comment on an unrelated Facebook posting? Strikes me as
extremely poor netiquette.

Nathan Wajsman
(sent from somewhere)

Den
28/04/2014 kl. 04.46 skrev bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Garth has a portrait of
Karen on FB, and says that this is the most relaxed - looking portrait
of her he has ever made.

I didn't want to comment on FB, but IMO, she
doesn't look relaxed at all.

Garth, give her a couple of glasses of
nice wine, and see if that will help her lighten up any. Look at those
vertical lines between her eyebrows. They look more like worry than
relaxation.

Best regards,

Brian

//////////////////////////

The
last thing I want to do is cause offense, and yet Garth posted to
facebook. I thought I could make a comment that was intended to be
candid and helpful, but in the confines of this photography book.

Garth wrote on FB; "Out of all the pics I've taken of Karen over the
years, this is the only one where she's looking straight into the camera
with a relaxed facial expression."

As far as I know, Garth doesn't
upload to Zone 10 or a site of his own.

So, for the purposes of this
discussion, I have uploaded a copy of his FB image to my own site, and
added a copyright notice. See

http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/Karen-Another%20'rescue'%20image-copyrightrd.jpg

Yes, there's a typo in the image name but it can stay for now. The
link works.

Cheers, Brian