Re: [OM] Suggestions for MFT auto extension tubes?

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for MFT auto extension tubes?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 22:39:20 -0700

I don't know if the fully manual ones are worth much w/o aperture control except for adapted MF lenses with aperture rings. AF not a biggie for me for macro though the MF on the 12-32 is fussy but doable with the GM-1.

You are a more patient man than I. I've not tried MF on the GM1. The posted
examples are all AF.

Extended Moose writes:
If you are wondering how the 12-32 zoom works with extension, here
are a handful of samples. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?>>>g2_itemId=12436>

Yes, sheesh, read my mind.  I was hoping that worked OK.   Looks very good
indeed.   The 12-32 is very sharp centrally.

SLRGear sure loaded it with praise.

Have seen nearly perfect hand held stacks at hgh mag but almost always with
flash.
It takes a bunch of practice to get it. Not sure what type of lighting was used on the first image but is interesting and well done.

You may be assuming greater intent and technique than was present on my part. I just put on the tube and took a few pics in the garden. Light is natural sun, focus AF, by the old focus-frame, paradigm. When I saw on the computer how similar the forward and mid focused ones were, I asked PS to do a stack. It wasn't perfect, but close enough to put the further back focus on a layer and paint in the useful parts. FAR from a serious focus stacking exercise. And yet ...

Soon to be extended on MFT, Mike

I'll be interested in your choice and how it works.

D.O.F. Moose