Re: [OM] New Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] New Camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 12:29:44 -0700
On 5/1/2014 11:54 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
I have an opinion on which camera to get, but I've been informed that
since it's been so long since I've purchased a new digital camera that
my opinions are meaningless. Frankly, I'd probably get the Sony RX10
to replace the A200.
Not meaningless, and certainly always interesting.
But never believable. ;^)
The Schnozz who cried "Alpha."
My suggestion of the RX10 isn't quite as random as one would
immediately guess. The RX10 is a descendant of the A200. If the A200
did what he wanted, the RX10 does everything the A200 did, but just a
whole lot better. Just like the A200, the lens is worth the price of
admission.

Yes, I've actually had face-time with the RX10 and found it quite well-rounded.

Does indeed look like a lovely replacement for someone who likes an A200.

Two caveats, though.

Specifically interested in long exposures. - Max = 30 sec. No Bulb setting
shown in the manual.
Budget, $7-900 - Camera is $1,300.

Specs Moose