Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 10:22:31 -0500
>      He has at least a couple of strings of freight cars that are typical of
> what you would see in reality, such as the sometimes endless strings of
> chemical tankers and center-flow hoppers.

With my model railroad (packed away in two cardboard boxes for the
someday that will never come), I always found it cool to simulate real
life loads. So, I'd weigh down the hopper cars with nuts and bolts to
get the weight somewhere in scale. The poor engine couldn't tug more
than a dozen of them. Traction was an issue if I didn't also weigh
down the engines. But then if the engine was weighed down too much,
the electric motors didn't have enough torque to budge the thing. So,
I'd add more engines....

AG