Re: [OM] Retirement, was Malt whisky tasting evening

Subject: Re: [OM] Retirement, was Malt whisky tasting evening
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 08:48:46 +1000
WhooHoo - I can live in New Zealand indefinitely!  :-)
There's a lot of places I could live happily, some of them rather cheap, pretty
and interesting. Unfortunately my wife is not of the same mind, hates any kind
of travel, thinks the food anywhere else is awful, the toilets are unsanitary,
things don't always go to plan and the people are potentially dangerous. To me,
that's the attraction. I tend to travel alone these days and she's quite happy
to stay behind (although always more than a little suspicious of my motives).
I was offered the opportunity recently to go and live in a small chateau in a
French village and manage my former Brother-in-Law's Cognac business for a
while. I thought it might be a good idea, despite having to put up with him
(he's very Gallic, difficult and increasingly infirm although we get along
well). But, she refused to go. Categorically. Several friends simply sucked air
in over their teeth and suggested that I just leave her - permanently if
necessary.

Hmmmm….Vietnam looks nice….

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx