Re: [OM] Retirement, was Malt whisky tasting evening

Subject: Re: [OM] Retirement, was Malt whisky tasting evening
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 08:08:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Reminds me of a movie I was watching on TV called "Flyboys" about the
>Lafayette Escadrille.  Supposedly not very historically accurate (about
>some personnel and aircraft) but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

     I liked that movie also even though I found some of the aircraft scenes to
be annoying, especially the one towards the end where there is a Nieuport 28 in
the background.  That aircraft did not come into service until later in the war.

     An even more annoying scene is at the end of "The Blue Max", where George
Peppard is test flying a Morane Saulnier MS230, which was a post-war French
fighter.  There were other historical aircraft blunders in that movie, but that
one stood out as the most serious.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson