Re: [OM] Mail Delivery

Subject: Re: [OM] Mail Delivery
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 10:33:54 -0700
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 2:54 AM, David Thatcher
<davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> a) less & less information from equipment as the user interfaces are
>     dumbed down for administrators who can only do GUI; and
> b) more and more stupid problems as the largest software providers
>     ignore - or more likely the majority of the current generation of
>     software architects no longer understand - the ratified standards.

I have definitely experienced both of those, David. After us sending them
an email explaining why we were summarily rejecting their email, it took
many phone calls from the "Senior Network Administrator" at a university
before he finally understood a simple correction that needed made, mostly
because it wasn't immediately in evidence (and also misnamed) in Exchange's
menus. He finally managed to correct their botched network configuration,
but only by virtue of having had the assistance from no less that 3 of
us--from three different organizations--with more experience.

One would think that at least at university, they'd employ someone more
knowledgeable--however, what I've been seeing more and more is that many
organizations are long on wanting degrees and certifications, and very
short indeed on caring at all about demonstrable, relevant, experience.