Re: [OM] Gold Finch

Subject: Re: [OM] Gold Finch
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 13:37:00 -0700
Thanks, Chris. The camera is set up on a tripod about 6 feet inside a fairly large double glazed window. And it is on an AC adapter and has a remote shutter release attached. It is set to stay on all the time, and is set at max zoom (which for this camera is 1200mm equivalent, which provides pretty good framing for the small birds). The feeder station is about 12 feet away, in front of the window. Since the camera is within reach when I am sitting at the computer and notice action at the feeders, all I have to do is reach for the tripod control with my left hand and the remote shutter release with the right hand. When I get on a bird, I fire bursts of continuous shots hoping to get some decent poses. With digital it works pretty good. Those four were the best out of around 90 shots. I do delete a lot of junk shots. LOL Those little scamps move so fast and furious that it is difficult to capture any pose, otherwise.
Paul in Portland OR