Re: [OM] Oly Imaging Group still not doing so hot

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly Imaging Group still not doing so hot
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 17:25:16 +0100
Hmm, Ken, I think that that might be someone’s propaganda.  Continual change is
not necessarily a good thing, especially if that change costs a packet in
consultant’s fees.  British and US companies tend to go for maximum shareholder
value which normally means short-term decision-making.  As I understand it,
older economies tend to stick make decisions based on long-term benefit for all
stakeholders.

I’m not saying that Olympus shouldn’t have changed, but it has to be focused
change, based on a realistic business model, not change for change’s sake.

Chris