Re: [OM] Oly Imaging Group still not doing so hot

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly Imaging Group still not doing so hot
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:38:08 -0700
Another thing the article fails to mention is that *everybody's* camera business is way down lately. Including Caniquon's.

Micro-4/3 has always been an outlier. Micro 4/3 purchasers have to enough to understand what the advantages are. They need to know at least a little bit about photography beyond internet memes and propaganda, so they can overcome the FUD that micro 4/3 is so much worse that APS-C that it isn't even worth considering.

So if Oly is gunning to be the leader (fat chance), then obviously, no good. But if they are trying to establish a niche market, they may be doing as well as can be expected with a lousy economy. This of course ignores all the financial scandal fallout and Stuff Ken Knows That We Don't.

Another thing to realize is that if Oly were to disappear tomorrow, there would still be Panasonic, so our lenses would have someplace to go when the Next Must-Have Quantum Leap arrives.

--Peter