[OM] OM Shutter Questions

Subject: [OM] OM Shutter Questions
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 15:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks Chuck and Chris. Ahhh, rusty synaptic connections are refreshed.

Thinking about it, you must be spot on that
the moving slit can't move much faster than the sync speed. So mechanical shutters aren't perfect global shutters either; just that we don't think think about it much as objects have to be moving much faster to see rolling shutter artefacts. E-shutter with CFL lighting on GM-1 doesn't mix well at all----banding.

I am still not sure about the OM metering off the curtain at speeds just above sync speed. What you say makes sense, but still have a vague recollection that John said it doesn't quite work that way.

Also, EFC alone with mechanical curtain to end exposure seems to lead to some artifacts too---at high SS, large aperture, bokeh gets distorted. Perhaps trailing mechanical curtain isn't as smooth as the EFC but still not sure how that distortion is mediated. Hopefully this will all be moot in a
generation or two more development.

It's Curtains for those errors in my last post, Mike