Re: [OM] Coworker alert of the day

Subject: Re: [OM] Coworker alert of the day
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:05:40 +1000
Get it right! -

        • I sent the club a wire stating, "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I
DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".
                • Telegram to the Friar's Club of Beverly Hills to which he
belonged, as recounted in Groucho and Me (1959), p. 321
        • [Variant:] "Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to
any club that will have me as a member".
                • As quoted in The Groucho Letters (1967) by Arthur Sheekman.
The sentiment predates Marx by 61 years, however; it likely originated with
John Galsworthy in The Forsyte Saga. In Part I, Chapter II, "Old Jolyon Goes to
the Opera", it's said of Old Jolyon that, "He naturally despised the Club that
did take him." after another refused him because he was in a trade.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com

Author/Publisher: