Re: [OM] (OM) Rendition of red colours by OM digital cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Rendition of red colours by OM digital cameras
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:43:00 -0500
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM, <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been filtering out some photos for a special project, and
> on the way noticed how the Kodak sensor of the E-1 seems to do a much
> better job of coping with the gradations of red colour, especially in
> flowers, than the Olympus sensors in the E-510 (which I no longer have)
> and the E-3.

I have done some side-by-side comparisons between the E-1 and E-3.  I did
not test every possible variation, but I could not find a circumstance in
which the E-1 was just clearly better than the E-3.  There is something
about the Kodak sensor that I like but can't quantify.  I bought an E-400
to get a 10 MP version of the Kodak sensor, and that is a camera I will
hang on to because it also has the je ne sais quoi.  However, the E-5 kicks
all their butts. So go figure.

Joel W.