Re: [OM] (OM) OT Microsoft suspicions17

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Microsoft suspicions17
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:01:28 -0700
On 5/15/2014 8:42 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Microsoft was forced into caring much longer than they wanted to because
Vista was a disaster and no company in its right mind wanted to convert
thousands of desktops and applications to Vista when XP was by that point
fairly solid and reliable.

Yup. It's easy for folks not involved to misunderstand the importance of the
corporate market to MS.

The Fortune 500 I used to work for only started rolling from XP to 7, slowly and carefully, last year. Probably my last consulting work for them (14 years later) was recompiling a rogue bit of the system I developed in 32 bit.

When you have a really huge operation totally dependent on data communications and processing and highly integrated, you don't change ANYTHING without real need, endless testing and great care, let alone the OS for a large part.

Ex Corp Moose