Re: [OM] Backyard oddities

Subject: Re: [OM] Backyard oddities
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 22:15:38 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks, Charlie.  We used to hunt fox squirrels in southern WVa in the fifties.
 They were bronze colored, and much larger than the greys.  This one is a color
phase of the greys, I think.  He was back today with his same-sized
brother.....a standard grey.

----- Original Message -----From: Charles Geilfuss
<charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:41:23 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] Backyard oddities

Fortunately they are alive and well around here and most often seen on
thebarrier islands. We have many where I live on Daniel Island
althoughtechnically it is not a barrier island. Ours are very different from
yourphoto as we have the Southern Fox Squirrel. They are mostly dark gray
withpatches of black and white. They are also 1.5-2 times the size of the
GraySquirrel. Visitors who see them for the first time do a double take.

Charlie