Re: [OM] Re IMG: 9 new film pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Re IMG: 9 new film pictures
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 08:18:46 -0500
> Btw, if you think "While film cannot compete with digital these days when
> it comes to sharpness," you are doing something wrong. The Fuji kicks ass
> all over even the best full frame digital in terms of amount of detail
> available on the neg. Scanning won't get all of that out - optical
> printing is the way to go.

With sufficient caveats, I'm going to agree with you. I'm sure Chuck
will demand that I "prove it" or something, but I'm pretty pleased
with what is possible. As to the optical printing vs. scanning, this
can enter the realm of perceived sharpness vs. measurable sharpness.

I know that my scanned B&W work prints slam the snot out of a scanned neg.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx