Re: [OM] Pano heads, was: What E-system lens is indispensable for a micr

Subject: Re: [OM] Pano heads, was: What E-system lens is indispensable for a micro 4/3 shooter?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 09:02:34 -0500
On 5/17/14 06:58 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:

As to getting wide angle via pano techniques I've been doing that for a long time. But it doesn't work without a pano head for close subjects like architectural interiors. But maybe I should invest in a pano head rather than a wider lens.

Who here uses a pano head and what brand is it? Why did you choose it and how do you like it?

I have a Panosaurus, but haven't had the opportunity to set it up and use it yet. It won't work with a straight, naked E-M5 because the tripod hole is so far off-center. But with the factory grip, at least it lines up on-axis with the lens. I will definitely do the setup and offset charts in the next couple of weeks and then get out to give it a try. I chose it because it gets good reviews, is relatively light, and a whole lot less money than some of the fancier ones.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach