Re: [OM] IMGs: Cycling Route - Part 3

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Cycling Route - Part 3
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 18:56:37 +0100
This makes me think of a demonstration that I was given last week, Chris, of a
NVG simulator (or stimulator, to be appropriate).  The Centre of Aviation
Medicine has just had delivered the system for teaching pilots and WSOs the ins
and outs of using NVGs in different light conditions, and this system, the
Virtual Terrain Board, does an excellent job of it.  All the terrain is in the
USA, and the first night scene we were shown was a northerly view near the
centre of Phoenix, with a large golf course in the centre, and a single hill or
mountain to the northwest.  There was a canal, approximately east-west a bit to
the north of the golf course.

The demonstrator, one Steve Hatley, was an ex-USAF chopper pilot, now running
the company.

Chris