Re: [OM] IMGs: Cycling Route - Part 3

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Cycling Route - Part 3
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 13:52:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>This makes me think of a demonstration that I was given last week, Chris, of a
>NVG simulator (or stimulator,
>to be appropriate).  The Centre of Aviation Medicine has just had delivered
>the system for teaching pilots
>and WSOs the ins and outs of using NVGs in different light conditions, and
>this system, the Virtual Terrain
>Board, does an excellent job of it.  All the terrain is in the USA, and the
>first night scene we were shown
>was a northerly view near the centre of Phoenix, with a large golf course in
>the centre, and a single hill
>or mountain to the northwest.  There was a canal, approximately east-west a
>bit to the north of the golf
>course.
>
>The demonstrator, one Steve Hatley, was an ex-USAF chopper pilot, now running
>the company.

     Thar sounds very much like the golf course in southern Scottsdale.  There
is a canal to the north of it, and Camelback Mountain is to the northwest.

     There's an extensive cycling path that goes along the western edge of that
golf course which ends up just north of the Salt River/Pima Indian Reservation.
 It connects with other paths, some of which follow canal banks but which are
not paved for the most part.  I'll have to find some way of putting together a
similar set of photos for that route.

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac