[OM] Focus experimentation

Subject: [OM] Focus experimentation
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:36:22 -0500
I changed the E-5 AF Sensitivity setting from Normal to Small.  On normal,
the sensitivity area extends a bit beyond the AF target (the little square
box that blinks red to confirm focus).  "Small" supposedly confines the
sensitivity area within the AF target.

I'll have to put some more time into it, but it seemed as though focus area
is actually a bit to the left of the target area when set to "small."  I
had better results after switching it back to "normal."  It may work better
without the TC.

The TC slows down focusing somewhat, and the older model 50-200 is not a
speedy lens anyway.  But I am less troubled by the speed than the
occasional inaccuracy.  It is not the easiest way to shoot, but I get much
better results setting focus on the Fn button and pressing it twice -- once
to get it very close and another to lock on.  I don't think it's supposed
to work that way, but that's how it does -- for me.

Joel W.