Re: [OM] IMGs: Bicycle Art Mural

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Bicycle Art Mural
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 20:44:26 +0200

Le 20 mai 14 à 18:44, Chris Trask a écrit :

This past weekend a mural of bicycle art near Arizona State University was unveiled. It took place in the early evening, so the entire mural was in shadow with brightly lit buldings in the background:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/14044405307/

Amongst them was a "ghost bike", a monument that is erected near the spot where a cyclist has been killed. This one had been erected for Chris Volbe, who was killed when an inattentive driver made a left turn on top of him:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/14044350687/

I'll have to retake these photos next weekend when the mural is in sunlight rather than in shadow.

Well,

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Chris+revisted+by+PA--3.jpg.html

I'd get there earlier in the day when the light "shaves" or "brushes" against the wall - the bikes would certainly show long shadows and pop out of the wall

Nice place in any case :-)
Amities
Philippe in formerly Motobecaneland ;-)

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE