Re: [OM] Applecross WAS....

Subject: Re: [OM] Applecross WAS....
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 14:33:03 -0700
Geez, I should have posted our itinerary (smack forehead.gif) We drove down from Uig via Plockton on Sunday so crossed the pass in the same rain. Very moody but difficult to photograph. And harder to find a spot to pull over. We stayed at Lochend Sun-Tues. You are right, not at the end of the Loch nor really a loch at all but rather the millpond supplying the water to Milltown, We liked it. A bit of maintenance needed but still comfortable. View to Cuillians left to Trotternish right and foreground islands. 1km walk to the Applecross Inn which is the kind of pub we like. Ale outside in the sun...nice! Also walked over the hill to the Walled Garden at Applecross House for tea and coffee. One afternoon we drove out to the north end and I did a walk out across the moor. Follow the posts and cairns, no trail.
<http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25656042/Loch%20Nam%20Breac%20Beaga_0066.JPG>

Wed drove here to Glencoe. Today was great weather and we drove down Glen Etive where Skyfall was filmed then walked up, up, up to the Lost Valley to work up an appetite which was taken care of at the King's House. Another great little pub. For sale and it's future is up in the air so drink an ale there soon.

One more day here in Glencoe and I'm gonna try for one of those peaks on a list then on to Loch Lammond.

Mike