Re: [OM] IMGs: Cycling Route - Part 4

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Cycling Route - Part 4
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 06:51:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Thanks for that tour, Chris.
>
>It must take a fair amount of imported water to keep that area green.

     Yes, it does, going back to a time when water was considered to be an
unlimited resource.  And because of the way in which the long-term contracts
for water were written it will take a draconian decree to end that waste.  Many
golf courses are switching over to treated wastewater.  We have two areas over
in Gilbert where treated wastewater is used in "treatment wetlands" where the
wastewater is used to create riparian areas that attract waterfowl through the
year.  I'll have to put together some photos of those areas.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson