Re: [OM] OT 100 years of Leica cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] OT 100 years of Leica cameras
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 08:26:46 -0500
I don't think the images were as good as those by landscape photographers
who were using tripods and exploiting hyperfocal distance for all it's
worth, but it is not hard to take good landscape photos of many subjects at
those speeds, considering the distances involved, even with an Olympus
SLR.  Plus, this ilk of photographers prided themselves at being steady
down to 1/15 and so forth.  Plus 2, Leica guys were all about that kind of
stuff, which was my point.

This guy claimed he could get off sharp 1/2 sec shots while bracing himself
against a building.  It was like an ad for Leica.  And indirectly, he was
saying, "Your SLR can't do that."  And he would have been right, and he
still is.

In any case, it was 30 years ago I found the book.  It was not small.  It
was a coffee-table sized book.  I got it from the library.  Not much chance
of finding it again, even if I wished to put the time into it.

Joel W.