Re: [OM] Applecross WAS....

Subject: Re: [OM] Applecross WAS....
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 16:47:47 -0500
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 3:38 PM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did a brief test of a Zuiko sitting on an X Pro 1 using a Novoflex  FUX
> / OM Made in Germany adapter
>
> Lens used : Zuiko 90 / f2 macro
>
> and compared the result with the same shot taken with a  Fuji 56mm / f1.2
>
> Lighting conditions .... overcast but bright late afternoon light ......
> shutter speed, aperture and ISO were identical for each shot.
>
> Visual comparison done on a 21" x  12" monitor.
>
> Would anyone like to speculate on the results?

It may depend upon the aperture used and subject.  When I've compared the
90/2 with comparable lenses, it is a tiny bit softer at MRs 1:5 and
closer.  That probably means it is a little softer all around, though it is
extremely consistent from center to corners, which makes it overall
terrific for non-macro, landscape, portraiture, and so forth.  For macro,
it is still exciting to me because I like its bokeh.  The differences in
sharpness scarcely survive deconvolution.

I know nothing of the Fuji lens, but I suspect you've found it to be very
good or there wouldn't be much point in the speculation.

Joel W.