Re: [OM] Memorial Day 2014 Sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] Memorial Day 2014 Sunset
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 07:13:03 -0500
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Very impressive, Ken.  It has the look of smoke rising from the
> battlefield.
>
> Thank you. Funny thing. I took this about a half mile north of the
> house. I got home and before I could even take the memory card out of
> the camera, at least three other friends posted their version of the
> same picture on FB. But none of them were doing 15 image composites
> either.

I like the fact that if doesn't look like a 15 image composite.  I probably
has enough pretzels in it to make a really huge print, which would suit.

The halo-ing at the horizon looks like an artifact of shadow lifting and
highlight lowering.  I have had something like that occur as a natural
phenomenon, but this looks so uniform and bounded to the irregular features
of the horizon that it makes me want you to do something about it before
you order a big print.

Joel (what friends are for) W.