Re: [OM] Old Yard Power

Subject: Re: [OM] Old Yard Power
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:41:08 -0500
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > That's pretty cool.  You've got enough pixels there to make an 8-10 foot
> > wide print.  Any idea what you're going to do with it... and how?
>
> No idea what I'll do with it. Frankly, this was an experiment. Who
> would have guessed that a 300/4.5 could be used for a stitch like
> this. I backed up as far as I could to where the vertical coverage
> (turned sideways) of the 300/4.5 on 4/3 just reached the rails and the
> top of the units.
>
> Ken, did you move laterally? Or pivot from one point?  Everything is too
square to have been a single-point pano.

> I'll likely do something with the shots made earlier with the 100/2.8.
> Those have more foreground and sky to work with and I've got the rail
> cars in the background with motion blur as that train was entering the
> yard.
>
> Yes, I was giving the 100/2.8 some love.

I did the same yesterday during the recording session shoot.  Alternated
between the 14-54, the mft 12-50, the Panny 20/1.7 and the OM 100/2.8.

Problem is that my "Mysets" seem to have gotten corrupted, and the one that
had the focus-peaking trick on the fn button no longer had that.  I used
magnification and focused on hair or eyes, but I'll have to rebuild things.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie